POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Output_File_Name -- quoted string question : Re: Output_File_Name -- quoted string question Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Output_File_Name -- quoted string question
From: Kenneth
Date: 14 May 2013 08:20:01
Message: <web.51922a87f34be07c2d977c20@news.povray.org>
> Am 12.05.2013 18:26, schrieb Kenneth:

> ...Nowadays, Windows - and
> most Windows programs, including POV-Ray - also accept Unix-style
> forward slashes in path names. So the following should work perfectly
> fine without messing up the way the rest of the file is shown:
>
> Output_File_Name = "c:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My
> Documents/POV-Ray/v3.6/tests/"

Hmm. My results with this in Windows XP are interesting and weird: It *does*
eliminate the 'unending string quote' appearance in the INI file; but it
produces a fatal error, "File Init Error: Cannot open output file."

(I double-checked to see if I had made any errors with my syntax.)

Perhaps it works with *later* Windows editions(?)