POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Povray 3.7 RC7, something strange with parametric surfaces? : Re: Povray 3.7 RC7, something strange with parametric surfaces? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 00:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 3.7 RC7, something strange with parametric surfaces?
From: Ryan Budney
Date: 28 Feb 2013 20:05:03
Message: <web.512ffe244ef32a7785b1e6b80@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the comments Forgeron and Clipka.  I didn't think there would be such
a massive change in render times!  Without the parametric surface the scene
renders on my laptop in a couple seconds.

I lowered the quality and got a quick render-time again.

The surface isn't supposed to be that blob, it's supposed to be a small tube
around a hyperbola... It looks like I don't understand how PovRay "functions"
work... but that's something that I should be able to sort out.