POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : daylight : Re: daylight Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:18:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: daylight
From: Nathalie
Date: 18 Feb 2013 11:30:02
Message: <web.512256558f43b627966e3d4c0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I would like to reformulate my question a bit. It is not my intention to make a
perfect rendering of a church interior. It is rather my intention to render a
part of a church interior (let's say a niche with a statue) according to three
daylight calculation methods (ray-tracing, radiosity and photon mapping), with
the aim of comparing these three methods. I tought POV-ray was the best choice
to do this, because it makes control over the algorithms possible. Effects to
improve the rendering (like glow,...) are only interesting insofar as they are
applicable to the three calculation methods. Is this possible with POV-Ray?
Because from the previous answers I deducted that only radiosity was possible...
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

best regards,

Nathalie