POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Needed: New Shape / Object: Human : Re: Needed: New Shape / Object: Human Server Time
20 Apr 2024 10:00:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Needed: New Shape / Object: Human
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 31 Jan 2013 23:40:01
Message: <web.510b45f39e71473932076fd10@news.povray.org>
Thanks for all the answers.

By linking to other programs which can do this, it is indirectly admitted that
it could be possible. How else would otherwise those other programs manage
that..?

I remember, there was a time POV-Ray's scene code wasn't yet a fully functional
programming language. Just when the POV-Ray team added the MACRO feature to it,
it became more than it was up to then. That I have in mind now, too. There are
ways, so let's forget the limits. Best evidence are all those programs the
answerers linked to by themselves.

A basic figure would do, for now. It should look like a human, true, but it is
meant as a placeholder. Something to fill scenes with, to populate them, to make
them alive. But for anything really professional, still the software of other
companies might have to be used. I believe, it can be done. Something that looks
human from a certain distance, some archetype.

I just mean to motivate, to inspire. Not to ignore critics.   :-)