POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation of Numerical Simulations : Re: Animation of Numerical Simulations Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation of Numerical Simulations
From: robert alzinger
Date: 26 Oct 2012 15:45:01
Message: <web.508ae73f1d7520bf883a834c0@news.povray.org>
> I would like to make animations based on a numerical simulation (e. g. the
> dynamic of a globular cluster, or wave propagation). This would mean:

In the last month I have done this with the marble machine.
program description:
POV-Ray #writes the start  position of the marble(s) at clock=0 to a file
than running for each frame 0 <= clock < x
do:
- #read position from the file
- calculate the new position.
- #write the new position
- display everything

see the result at

http://www.alzinger.de/cms5/robert/raytracing/marble-machine-in-povray.html

and the making of sub-pages.
if you need it i can publish the POV-Ray source?

It is not necessary to re-simulate for each frame from the beginning.

Robert