POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Use uniform texture : Re: Use uniform texture Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:46:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Use uniform texture
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 2 Jun 2012 15:25:00
Message: <web.4fca67cf3ed44e95d126010@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:
[snip]
> You realy don't need megapov on a Mac, there is an official Mac version
> for 3.6.1 and an approved unofficial version of 3.7RC5.
> There have been regular Mac builds for a realy LONG time, think version
> 2.0...

....except that the official version doesn't work on most Intel Macs (as
mentioned on the POV download page), and the unofficial 3.7 is based on the
megapov gui.

In practice I've found megapov to give identical results to the official
release, as long as you stay away from the experimental features of course!
(although they're half the fun :)

Bill