POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Happily surprised to see PovRay still going, but where is the Source Contro= : Re: Happily surprised to see PovRay still going, but where is the Source Co= Server Time
25 Apr 2024 04:48:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happily surprised to see PovRay still going, but where is the Source Co=
From: portelli nick
Date: 17 Feb 2012 13:25:01
Message: <web.4f3e9a6613e89b7958e0c0ff0@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> Le 02/02/2012 22:45, portelli.nick nous fit lire :
> > I saw a link to download the source, but I figured there would be some SCM link,
> > Google code, Bitbucket, Github... There may be an answer somewhere but I didn't
> > find one in a quick search.  Is there a reason the code isn't on Github.com?
>
> The license, Nick, the license. You didn't read it for the version up to
> 3.6.2, did you ?
>
> IMHO, Povray is a cathedral, not a bazaar.

I did not see the license...(people read those?  I thought they were like
EULA's)  Huh.  I don't read legalese well, Not sure why lawyers can't just speak
normal, So I guess I didn't see anything but explicitly says you can't put under
public scm.  But no matter, I don't need to understand, I was merely curious.

Ugh I had to Google the metaphor.