POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Moving Shadows and Reflections : Moving Shadows and Reflections Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:33:41 EDT (-0400)
  Moving Shadows and Reflections
From: handos
Date: 26 Jan 2012 13:00:00
Message: <web.4f2193887182d2cdd7ae32040@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to show you a video I created using Jaime's office scene obtained
from http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=The_office . The video I
created is kept here at
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~ahanda/output_with_shadows_and_reflections_moving.avi .
I had created this video by placing the camera (no
change anywhere else in the code!) at various different locations and obtained
the images. What you'd notice is that the shadows and reflections are moving. I
don't know whether it has to do with radiosity settings so that if I add more
rays it will remove this kind of thing because I certainly know that light
source is fixed. I have rendered this video using 2 passes:  radiosity saving in
one pass and using it the next pass as mentioned on his website. Can you tell me
if there's anything I can do to make sure I obtain stationary shadows and
reflections? The video being 333MB may take a while to download in case you need
few images you can also obtain them here at
www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~ahanda/POVRayimages.tgz . All you need to do is to play them
one by one to see what's happening!

Thanks,
Ankur