POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : ClockMod and camera movement : Re: ClockMod and camera movement Server Time
24 Apr 2024 20:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ClockMod and camera movement
From: CAD-Andi
Date: 14 Jan 2012 10:40:01
Message: <web.4f11a1575fdf29e35b809b0@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

> You have a spline for the location of the camera and another for it's
> look_at point. Why not another for it's speed?
>
> You follow that last one linearly, and you get the instantaneous speed
> of the camera. It can also include the speed of the look_at point and,
> if you want, the angle of view so that you can have the camera smoothly
> zoom in and out at specific moments.
>

> Alain

Thanks Alain for your input Alain. Great idea! Maybe I'll try to figure out how
to do this during my next project. For now I finished this one with my rather
un-elegant solution applying "clock mod" over parts of the animation.

Check out the final product on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prUzhi9mER4&hd=1

Thanks again!
Andi