POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : breaking the law : breaking the law Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  breaking the law
From: B  Gimeno
Date: 30 Nov 2011 15:40:00
Message: <web.4ed69352a5b2126151f818f50@news.povray.org>
Hi:
I've been looking at old posts before asking this question and understand me,
I'm not requiring techniques on how to create effects of portal or wormholes.
Surely someone shows me how to apply image maps to an object.

Pov-ray is an excellent program recreating lighting, shading and perspective,
"mimicking" real life and in rare cases we can circumvent the laws of this
simulated physics (with no_shadow or point_of_light with negative light). I am
not a mathematician and not a programming guy, so there goes my innocent
question:

Is it possible to somehow change the pov-ray code to circumvent the continuity
of space as shown in this video from youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SqyDR6MmeM

pd. I know, the effect of the video is made with alpha masks and layer rendering
using render nodes in Blender that I have no idea what they mean, anyway thanks
for your comments.

Regards B. Gimeno

Pd: "Do you think that's air you're breathing?"

pd2: The Cake is a lie

pd2: pardon for my autamatically translated english