POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : ClockMod and camera movement : ClockMod and camera movement Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:11:25 EDT (-0400)
  ClockMod and camera movement
From: CAD-Andi
Date: 26 Nov 2011 10:45:00
Message: <web.4ed108e6f6f1e7e835b809b0@news.povray.org>
I'm having (again) a little trouble wrapping my mind around a specific homemade
probelm.
I'm animating a camera along a complicated path with hundreds of nodes. My nodes
are hand generated and therefore have not equal distances to each other. This is
why I use a spreadsheet program to generate time indexes dependent on the
distance between nodes in order to smoothen the overall speed. I wrote a
unix(awk) script that converts my csv file to a povray natural spline.
Everything works well. I can fine-tune my path by changing the coordinates in
the spreadsheet and then quickly convert the new spline to povray using my
script.

Now I would like to alter the speed of my traveling camera while it is on the
way. This is where my trouble starts. I want my camera to slow down in certain
places and then speed up again.I know how to use Chris's ClockMod for camera
animation with smooth start and stop at the very beginning and end of the
complete spline (using S-Curve) but I don't want to tear my animation path
apart.

Does anybody have any idea how I could use C. Colefax's clockmod in a way that I
can choose between what time indexes a S-Curve will be applied several times in
succession? I tried clock_start and clock_finish but with no success.

THANX!
Andi