POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : POVRay Video : POVRay Video Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:46:56 EDT (-0400)
  POVRay Video
From: handos
Date: 1 Aug 2011 07:40:01
Message: <web.4e36901bf389dc6bd7ae32040@news.povray.org>
Dear all,

I created a small video out of Jaime's office scene (obtained from:
http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=The_office ). The video is available
here at www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~ahanda/output120fps.avi . As you may notice, the
radiosity is flickering a lot at the back of the room. To let you know how I
rendered this scene, I used the following arguments to the povray commandline
tool

(a) povray +I<input_file> +O<output_file> +W640 +H480 -d +RI<radiosity_file>
+RFO (for first pass)
(b) povray +I<input_file> +O<output_file> +W640 +H480 -d +RI<radiosity_file>
+RFI (for second pass)

I'm a bit clueless as to why this flickering is happening. Could you please
suggest me some ideas to help remove this flickering in the scene? Thanks a lot
for your patience.

Regards,
Ankur