POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : first time trying pov-ray using tutorial.. error message? : first time trying pov-ray using tutorial.. error message? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 11:09:27 EDT (-0400)
  first time trying pov-ray using tutorial.. error message?
From: Marina
Date: 25 Jun 2011 03:25:01
Message: <web.4e058c3645467f10e088a3220@news.povray.org>
I just discovered the existence of POV-Ray. I found an online tutorial
(http://library.thinkquest.org/3285/) and typed in the source code for a simple
red ball exactly as they had it:

camera {
  location <2,5,-10>
  look_at <0,0,0>
}

light_source {
  <0,-10,0>
  color rgb <1,1,1>
}

sphere {
  <0,0,0>, 5
  pigment { color rgb <1,0,0> }
}

But when I click "Run," a little box pops up that says "Parse Error." What does
'parse' mean and why won't it render the image? I even copy and pasted the above
source code and still nothing.

Anyone mind helping a first-timer?
Thanks!