POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7.0RC3 -- make check -- how long should the test run? : Re: 3.7.0RC3 -- make check -- how long should the test run? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 23:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.7.0RC3 -- make check -- how long should the test run?
From: Jan-Philip Gehrcke
Date: 21 Jun 2011 06:50:00
Message: <web.4e0076135d5b93c12b256d410@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <lef### [at] freefr> wrote:
> Do you have X11 running ?
> ("make check" expects to open a X window and render biscuit.pov... )
>
> rendering of biscuit.pov is rather short, and you have to click on the
> window to exit povray once rendered.
>
> Can you interrupt ?(ctrl-c)
> And retry ?

Quick response :-)

Oh.. yes, I am running X11 and there does not open up any window during 'make
check'. Ctrl+C and TERM did not work, I had to use SIGKILL (at first on 'make
check' and then on povray because it daemonized).

I now retried 'make check' and observed the same behavior. While povray hangs,
it does not show up in 'xlsclients' nor in 'netstat -nlp'

Any further suggestions? Is it a problem that povray does not find its
configuration file, as stated in the big log file in the opening post (it should
do well without, shouldn't it?)?

Thanks for your help,

Jan-Philip