POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : What program to make a movie : Re: What program to make a movie Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What program to make a movie
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 20 May 2011 21:15:01
Message: <web.4dd710dc8204a8cd9c4fb0ad0@news.povray.org>
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roland_M=F6sl?= <fou### [at] pegeorg> wrote:
> I can not find in
>
> Magix Video Delux 2008 plus a possibility
> to import many *.PNG files generated from
> POV for an animated scence
>
> Windows Life Movie Maker
> has a good import for pictures,
> but can only store *.WMV format
>
> What cheap (Magic was only 25.-EUR)
> movie software to make videos from
> POV pictures?
>
> --

I have, in times past, had some success with Bink and Smacker, but I had to use
a separate tool to set the frame rate as Bink only seems to support 24fps.

Currently, my best friend for animation is Mencoder, which is a cross-platform
command-line utility for encoding video, either from a sequence of images or
from one format to another.

Of course, I find the command line in linux to be a great deal more user
friendly than the one in windows, but I like almost everything better than
windows.

Happy hunting,
A.D.B.