POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : multiple usage of mclock? : Re: multiple usage of mclock? Server Time
16 Apr 2024 19:32:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: multiple usage of mclock?
From: CAD-Andi
Date: 13 Mar 2011 16:50:01
Message: <web.4d7d2ce714cd5500b642fbb20@news.povray.org>
"CAD-Andi" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there a way to create several indipendent clocks using Chirs Colefax's
> ClockMod.inc?
>
> I'm animating a (1000 frames) smooth camera path using his S-Curve clock type.
> At the same time I would like to change the transparancy of some objects in the
> scene from 1 to 0.85 and back again. I would like to trigger the appearance of
> the invisible objects at frame 200 and softly change their transparancy level to
> a certain percentage ending in frame 300. Then I want to hold the level of
> transparancy until frame 700 and then change the transparency again so that the
> objects will be fully transparent at framo 800. All This while the camera is
> beeing animated using the S-Curve mclock.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks!
> Andi
>
> PS: I'm Using PovRay for Windows on Windows 7 64bit latest Beta version for
> multi core.

I solved my issue the hard way by my own macro that calculates the transparency
levels depending on the current frame_number. Not too elegant. Also very simple
and linear, but for my purpose it was enough.

I would still be interested if someone can tell me how to make complex
animations with several objects and events on the time line and still use
S-curve mclock or something similar without having to program everything from
scratch.

Thanks for considering.

Andi