POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Light Attenuation : Re: Light Attenuation Server Time
16 Apr 2024 05:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light Attenuation
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 12 Mar 2011 15:00:01
Message: <web.4d7bd0a4315d1becb05ef170@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

Don't get me wrong though, I do see your point.  Typically before I would use
large fade distances.  At least I have realized through this exercise that it is
optimal to set the fade distance very low and adjust the light intensity itself
to get the best correlation: the range that is incorrect becomes negligible in
size, as the x/FD term gets larger, the effect of the extra 1+ term diminishes.

-tgq