POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Simple: Camera Position : Simple: Camera Position Server Time
16 Apr 2024 13:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Simple: Camera Position
From: Chrisir
Date: 27 Feb 2011 08:45:00
Message: <web.4d6a542c8f7061ba22dbc4580@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I want to figure out a good Camera Position in an animation movie.

The Camera should be moving.

I have one point A in the Middle of the scene (A is fix).

I have one point B, a Ball or Marble going around A (like earth B around the sun
A) in different heights (not like earth around the sun) and different
circumferences.

Question: I want to get the moving Camera Position C; I want it to be outside
B's circle, always looking at B AND at A.

Since B is moving, C should also be moving.

What would be the formula to get

CX=
CY=
CZ=

based on AX,AY,AZ and BX,BY,BZ?

So there's a straight line from A to B to C.

Thanks a lot!

Chrisir

P.S.
It would be cool when there would be a kinf of Damping.
So when the Marble B is doing a abrupt or fast short change, camera kind of
stays calm.