POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Star Trek Praxis Explosion Efffect : Re: Star Trek Praxis Explosion Efffect Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:53:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Star Trek Praxis Explosion Efffect
From: radicalrod
Date: 22 Jan 2011 01:45:00
Message: <web.4d3a7bdf3490857cba6282090@news.povray.org>
Thank you very kindly for the effort you put into the reply.  It must have been
quite a number of years ago that I used the macro I was talking about because I
even searched through some ancient backup CDROMS looking for it and alas still
no luck.  If I knew more about what I was doing, I would modify your code to
give the explosion a more "3-D" effect, where the explosion is more like a torus
(like an expanding, flattened doughnut) and the blue "fire" actually undulates a
bit like a wall pushing outwards.  But I like what you have done and I will plan
on
working with it!

All this because I just happened to see a re-run of Star Trek VI on the SyFy
Network....(it is the very first scene, seconds after the credits stop rolling)!
You know the old saying, only even-numbered Star Trek movies don't suck....