POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : more efficient method to program animation? : Re: more efficient method to program animation? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 09:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more efficient method to program animation?
From: StephenS
Date: 15 Jan 2011 14:20:01
Message: <web.4d31f2a59dd3c3a61619aee0@news.povray.org>
"StephenS" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Save the settings in there own .ini file and comment/uncomment the ones you want
> from the master .ini file.
Oops, better the other way around.

Master .ini file for the whole animation, and Scene .ini files to override the
parts you want.

** Master.ini
Width = 1280
Height = 960
Antialias = On
ampling_Method = 1
Antialias_Threshold = 0.100
Jitter = Off
Antialias_Depth = 3
Output_To_File = On
Output_File_Type = N
Initial_Frame = 0
Final_Frame = 200
.... all the regular things you want

** Scene_1_
+I 'Master.ini'   ; include the master file
Subset_Start_Frame = 0
Subset_End_Frame = 10
Output_File_Name = P:\Scene_1_images\   ; this sets a location only
.... all the things you want to change

Run the Scene_XX.ini file you want, or the whole thing.

Stephen S