POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : MUST, be very simple: Win bmp as texture on objects : Re: MUST, be very simple: Win bmp as texture on objects Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:56:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MUST, be very simple: Win bmp as texture on objects
From: syntotic
Date: 11 Jan 2011 18:35:00
Message: <web.4d2ce8615827f18fc4a147790@news.povray.org>
"Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> The only "1 button solution" I can think of is
> Insert\Scene templates\Image Map
> and then replace png with bmp and replace the file name.

Yes, more or less... Went through some quick panic when erased an image_map and
it was no longer working... but an insertion set things straight. What I mean is
that displaying an image within a scene should be so standard that there should
be a very DIRECT way to do it, something like object {image {sys name... <x, y,
z>} scale...} It is that you have to manipulate an object as if it was the
texture because it is the texture that carries the image (meaning) so like I
posted before you end up matching coordinates for texture and object. In Windows
terms what is missing is similar to the brush to DC aligning. Should be that
simple at least.