POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : Textbook Cover Model by Caedium, Rendered by POV-Ray : Re: Textbook Cover Model by Caedium, Rendered by POV-Ray Server Time
20 Apr 2024 10:11:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Textbook Cover Model by Caedium, Rendered by POV-Ray
From: Kenneth
Date: 24 Nov 2010 05:25:01
Message: <web.4cece7242183fc84196b08580@news.povray.org>
"syguy" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> A Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation...

Cool image(s), but what immediately strikes me about them is the lack(?) of
anti-aliasing. Or not enough, in any case.  Granted, AA may not even be a
consideration when doing fluid dynamics tests; but if *I* were going to put a CG
image on a textbook cover, I'd want it to look its best. (And I can imagine a
typical four-color printing process playing havoc with those jaggies.)

Ken