POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Being able to call DLLs/SOs as user defined functions : Re: Being able to call DLLs/SOs as user defined functions Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:27:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Being able to call DLLs/SOs as user defined functions
From: Mircode
Date: 20 Nov 2010 14:35:00
Message: <web.4ce8220dfa289b23f6f52ea0@news.povray.org>
Oh, you are right, I tried it again, recursion is possible. I was so sure that
it was not...
I know that I can't say "When I tried it last time, it didn't work." But I could
swear...

When I tried to implement an isosurface approach for a menger sponge, I got a
warning that recursion is not allowed, so I copied and pasted the function for
each recursion level.

But that was only one aspect. Ok, loops can be implemented with recursion, too.
But still, the programming tools that are offered in user defined functions are
very limited and unhandy and being able to include DLLs would add the whole
mightiness of c++ into that tool box.