POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : can't make static starfield, it keeps shifting : Re: can't make static starfield, it keeps shifting Server Time
23 Apr 2024 06:52:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: can't make static starfield, it keeps shifting
From: Florin Andrei
Date: 18 Oct 2010 20:25:01
Message: <web.4cbce51d2d8aa957411a7fb0@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

> If you want something consistant, you should take a look at the galaxy
> include set. Available from the object collection:
> http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index.php. Keyword "galaxy".
> It can generate star fields, nebulaes, galaxyes, comets/meteors.
> It have been successfully used in several animations.

I did that, I ripped the relevant part (the pigment) from the include file and
pasted it into my script, and reduced the scale a little bit, to make the stars
smaller:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29966/povray/from_mars.pov

But the stars are still twinkling a lot:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29966/povray/from_mars.mp4

I find it surprising that such a seemingly simple task (use a static bitmap as a
fixed background in an animation) is so hard to accomplish. Is there no way to
do that within povray?