POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : detect totally black output : Re: detect totally black output Server Time
19 Apr 2024 10:10:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: detect totally black output
From: CAD-Andi
Date: 21 Sep 2010 20:15:00
Message: <web.4c9949c2948af9acfdfcf7500@news.povray.org>
"CAD-Andi" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I'm rendering a series of test images as an animation and would like to omit the
> pictures that did not result in any pixel data (they are actually totally black)
> is there a way to detect this right after the rendering process in povray or do
> I have to weed the pictures out after the animation is rendered?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andi

Hmm, I guess this question was a little too lame. I found my solution though.
After the animation is rendered I simply check for the picture with the least
bytes, and then get rid of all images that have the same byte amount. Seems to
be working great. ...

I guess there is no way to detect that within povray to speed up things.

Andi