POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : bones.inc : Re: bones.inc Server Time
25 Apr 2024 10:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bones.inc
From: robotguy
Date: 25 Aug 2010 04:00:01
Message: <web.4c74cd333d79b9fa926a7e230@news.povray.org>
"trp" <trp### [at] imagicproductionscom> wrote:
> Keep us posted on changes and the animations that you create. I understand what
> you mean about flexing muscles and the appearance of tendons and bones under the
> skin. When I started Alive! I wanted to be able to easily change the radius of a
> blob component as a joint angle changed to simulate the contraction of a muscle.

> have done it. I would have taken Blobman and your macros and just worked on the
> animation I wanted to do.
>

> existing Blobman example, and create an animation of Blobman kicking his right

> structure. But, if someone wanted to deconstruct Blobman and reconstruct it with

> reusable interpolations for easy character animations. That is where I am going
> with my Alive! program.)

I didn't even know about Blobman when I started working on bones.inc.  Now that
I have downloaded Blobman and stared reading through it, I can see some real
potential for combining the two.

So, yeah, my next big POVray project will be deconstructing Blobman and
reconstructing it in bones.inc syntax.  It is certainly worthwhile doing, as the
result would be easy-to-create and easy-to-animate characters.  Unfortunately my
to-do list is rather long, and that is a project that could take several months
all by itself.  It might be a while before I get around to it.