POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : any way use povray in visual basic : Re: any way use povray in visual basic Server Time
19 Apr 2024 23:32:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: any way use povray in visual basic
From: trp
Date: 7 Aug 2010 20:05:00
Message: <web.4c5df3ad7c1e70dfbba08f230@news.povray.org>
"ricky312" <ddo### [at] charternet> wrote:
> i know there must be a way to do it because i have seen programs with user
> interfaces that use pov-ray moray for instance. is there maybe a plugin for
> visual basic(free version)or do i have to do it all in c++.
> thanks in advance.

Christian suggests. My program communicates with the GUI extension DLL by way of
DDE.  It commands POV to render the code my program created. When the render is
done the GUI extension posts a Windows message back to my program telling it the

program in C++. But I think it could be done with Visual Basic. The DLL example
is in C though.