POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : xkcd colors : Re: xkcd colors Server Time
16 Apr 2024 09:35:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: xkcd colors
From: waggy
Date: 12 Jul 2010 21:05:01
Message: <web.4c3bbb953ccde340f99d05c80@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> >> You counted them?
> >>
> >> Weird or what? ;-)

I missed a few the first time through.  I just finished categorizing most of the
colors, and still can't decide whether weird, or what.

I did send the attached image to my equally nerdy sweety; the center object is
BLOOD_RED, while the others are the eleven shades of rose defined in the file,
though only eight are visible.  The scene file [favsurf.pov] and object is by
Alex Kluchikov, 2003; I just duplicated, transformed, and colored it.

> > I could claim a legitimate use for modeling wastewater treatment systems...
>
> You could indeed, as I once did for Dwr Cymru. ;-)
>

> >> Red, green or blue is good enough for me. :-)
> >
> > Ah, but there is power in naming things.
> >

> Ooo! Deep and dark thoughts. Are you a Juju man?

Just a civil engineer in training and a grad student of mechanical engineering.
Whatever Juju I may have is reverse-polish.

[snip]

Thanks.  There are enough dirty, muddy, rusty, ugly, gross, icky, nasty, sick,
and other unpleasant and scatological colors to model as much rubbish as you
like.  (There is only one color named with a 'positive' adjective: NICE_BLUE.)

~waggy

P.S.  I think the #local xkcd_picked_gamma = 2.2; statement in
xkcdcolors-gamma.inc should be a #declare statement instead, to work as
described.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'favsurf-dw.png' (136 KB)