POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Long parsing time due to large SDL code and large image maps. : Re: Long parsing time due to large SDL code and large image maps. Server Time
18 Apr 2024 19:33:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Long parsing time due to large SDL code and large image maps.
From: CAD-Andi
Date: 20 Jun 2010 19:35:01
Message: <web.4c1ea4d0f708334f7fa521e30@news.povray.org>

> I think it is useful although it didn't get too much resonance
> in the newsgroups. Maybe I should add the stuff I played with
> as a feature request to the 3.7 bug tracker. Even without
> cleanup it can be very useful, possibly tagged as an
> experimental feature?

That would be fantastic if you could do that. Do they still consider new
features for 3.7? Having a feature like that would actually be extremely useful,
I absolutely agree. I think povray is the best way to do my animations because
of it's possibilities, but recently I questioned my approach because the
repetitive parsing for every image.

> I didn't try to patch the change into the latest beta sources yet.
> However, even if I did, I think I would not be allowed to give away
> the sources or binary as far as I understand the beta licensing.

It would be awesome if the makers of povray could allow you to make a "patched
binary" public, but I do understand that everything has to be done the official
way. Is there a channel/possibility of communication that allows requests like
that?

Thanks for your efforts!

Andi