POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : bones.inc : bones.inc Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:58:19 EDT (-0400)
  bones.inc
From: robotguy
Date: 3 May 2010 19:00:01
Message: <web.4bdf545b88bb62bc926a7e230@news.povray.org>
I have uploaded bones.inc to:

http://www.magicalrobotics.com/bones.zip

This include file allows the user to declare bones (with a POVray object
attached to a bone) and build them up into skeletons, which can then be posed
and animated by interpolation between poses.  There is also a feature that
allows a POVray object (such as a blob) to be attached to two or more bones.  It
is missing a true inverse kinematics or motion-capture capability, but the basis
is there to add that in the future, and as it is posing a character is pretty
easy.  The zip file includes bones.inc, a readme file with full documentation on
how to use it, two example files using bones.inc, and the GNU licenses.

sample animations using bones.inc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7OWtzCIERI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U617Us7gfNM

I'm hoping that someone besides just me will find this useful.