POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Possible Bug in 3.7.0b35a? (wrong refraction angle between different IOR me= : Possible Bug in 3.7.0b35a? (wrong refraction angle between different IOR me= Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:06:18 EDT (-0400)
  Possible Bug in 3.7.0b35a? (wrong refraction angle between different IOR me=
From: Kai
Date: 5 Apr 2010 16:30:01
Message: <web.4bba4677730ab9f3e8c084b40@news.povray.org>
I've tried to model this setup:
http://kschwebke.webng.com/povray/ior-interfaces/drawing.png
with the following SDL:
http://kschwebke.webng.com/povray/ior-interfaces/rs2.pov.txt

A small overlap between the two transparent solids is needed, because a gap
would lead to total reflection. The camera in the test scene looks in the
direction of the ray in the setup drawing. The setup is surrounded with angular
markers, so one can easily read the final resulting looking angle.

http://kschwebke.webng.com/povray/ior-interfaces/rs2-35.jpeg

POV-Ray 3.7.0b35a (compiled Unix source) renders a different

http://kschwebke.webng.com/povray/ior-interfaces/rs2-37b35a.jpeg