POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Is sphere_sweep known to be troublesome? : Re: Is sphere_sweep known to be troublesome? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:45:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is sphere_sweep known to be troublesome?
From: Woody
Date: 28 Mar 2010 10:40:01
Message: <web.4baf697d2e5cb7c2c41e4df50@news.povray.org>
> On 28.03.10 07:25, Woody wrote:
> > Sorry for joining the conversation late. I only saw the thread after making the
> > post at
> >
> > http://news.povray.org/web.4baed21667547a80876671bb0%40news.povray.org
> >
> > It appears ot be of the same problem.
>
> No, that code uses a linear spline for which bounding works.
>
>  Thorsten

I'm assuming when you refer to bounding you are referring to the specific
bounding mentioned in the documentation at
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/323/

When doesn't this work?
For what type of splines?
I'm having trouble choosing a bounding box, or size and position, that gets rid
of these unwanted effects.

Any suggestions?