POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another point of view : Re: Another point of view Server Time
18 Apr 2024 03:52:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another point of view
From: H  Karsten
Date: 7 Dec 2009 01:40:06
Message: <web.4b1ca29f234deab6da6353d60@news.povray.org>
Ok, this is the first version. I'm not very happy with the head and there are a
few little things to edit.

Tomorrow I'll start to rig it.

The cool tings are that about 270 geometries are imported, while there are about
2800 objects in the scene. That means, over 90% of the geometry is reused. The
even better thing is that I'm using the "Persistence of objects" function from
Megapov 0.6. The effect is, that I'm loading the geometry (that takes more than
99% of the parsing time) just for the _first_ frame. Every frame coming after,
reuses the geometry and _no_ loading in the geometry any more!

The optimization is extreme!

I hope, that I cam make a good animation to make it a good project.
Holger :)

Ps.: All the best greeting and a big thanx for all people, who helped me, doing
this thing. Including the makers of PovRay and MegaPov as well!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'v01.jpg' (239 KB)

Preview of image 'v01.jpg'