POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : building povray on Snow Leopard : Re: building povray on Snow Leopard Server Time
23 Apr 2024 13:38:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: building povray on Snow Leopard
From: triple r
Date: 5 Sep 2009 01:25:05
Message: <web.4aa1f54f80a57e52958421d50@news.povray.org>
"Phil" <pri### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On Mac OS X 10.6, the configuration script complains with several file-not-found
> errors; I was able to work around this by manually editing the configuration
> script and forcing the ac_cv_prog_egrep variable to a good value.  Strange!
>
> I was then able to build povray like this:
>
> ../configure COMPILED_BY="Phil" CFLAGS="-m32" CXXFLAGS="-m32"
> make
> sudo make install

Interesting.  It won't compile with 64 bit?  Is it a problem with some of the
external libraries?

Sorry I can't say anything more insightful than that.  I think you're a bit
ahead of the curve on this one, so I'm not sure anyone will be of too much help
on this issue just yet.  At $30 though, I guess there's not much reason to
delay.

 - Ricky