POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : building povray on Snow Leopard : building povray on Snow Leopard Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:50:58 EDT (-0400)
  building povray on Snow Leopard
From: Phil
Date: 4 Sep 2009 21:15:00
Message: <web.4aa1b8d2eedac07c608d4cb00@news.povray.org>
On Mac OS X 10.6, the configuration script complains with several file-not-found
errors; I was able to work around this by manually editing the configuration
script and forcing the ac_cv_prog_egrep variable to a good value.  Strange!

I was then able to build povray like this:

../configure COMPILED_BY="Phil" CFLAGS="-m32" CXXFLAGS="-m32"
make
sudo make install

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else runs into this, or if there's a
better way I should be doing this.