POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : patch modellers : Re: patch modellers Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: patch modellers
From: John  Cole
Date: 29 Jul 2009 00:00:01
Message: <web.4a6fc89d4c6f1429a8a07fb0@news.povray.org>
stephen parkinson <ste### [at] zmemw16demoncouk> wrote:
> Mike Raiford wrote:
> > Zarkoff wrote:

> >> I just downloaded jpatch -- but what do I do with a .jar file?
> >

> > Open it ;)
> >
> > or do something similar to: java <jarfile>.jar
> >
> >> Not sure how to set up up jpatch. Do I need some java download to run it?
> >>

> on my linux box with 2Gb
>
> create file jpatch and stick ~/bin together with jpatch.jar,  modify the
> 1500 to suit your system,
> i use a clone of this for povtree as well
>

> contains
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> xterm -T "JPATCH" -e 'java  -Xms1500M -Xmx1500M -jar
> /home/stephen/bin/jpatch.jar' &
>
> #above is one line - mozilla wrapped it
>
> -------------------------
> then chmod +x jpatch
>
> you may want to browse the forums for a link to the latest beta, quite nice
> stephen

Just wondering if you are Stephen Parkinson the composer.
John Cole here.
I've been trying to track down your email address through sites on the net and
haven't found an address that's active.

If it's you, it would be great to hear from you. I also have something to pass
on to you if you wouldn't mind passing on your address to me.

If not sorry for intruding!

John