POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Polyhedra library : Re: Polyhedra library Server Time
19 Apr 2024 22:14:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Polyhedra library
From: clipka
Date: 21 Jul 2009 18:05:00
Message: <web.4a663b7acda2f1c2537313280@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   Also, if you haven't done so, I think all the polyhedra should be scaled
> to fit the same space, for consistency. For example, they could be scaled
> so that they all fit perfectly inside a box from <-1, -1, -1> to <1, 1, 1>.
> This way it's easy for the user to scale any polyhedron to the size he needs.

.... or not. There's also reason to scale them so all edges are 1 unit in length
(which however gives rise to the question whether they should be seated on the
y=0 plane, or centered around <0,0,0>), or - in case of regular polyhedra - so
that all vertices are at 1 unit distance from the center.

Interesting question, btw: Is there a way to access the individual vertex
coordinates?