POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Parse Error: Cannot open include file golds.inc. : Parse Error: Cannot open include file golds.inc. Server Time
19 Apr 2024 13:59:08 EDT (-0400)
  Parse Error: Cannot open include file golds.inc.
From: gregjohn
Date: 27 May 2009 22:05:01
Message: <web.4a1df12449a9202b34d207310@news.povray.org>
Hi.

I suffered an upgrade from 8.04.1 to 9.04 ubuntu.  I installed povray on the new
system.  I was just trying a bash command to render a bunch of files that I know
worked fine not too long ago.

Now povray is giving me error messages about my includes. I do see that a whole
bunch of them exist at:

/usr/share/povray/include

and I've changed the usual settings of /etc/povray/3.6/povray.conf .

I'm wondering if there were some other place to specify where to look for the
includes. Could this be part of the bug in ubuntu's povray version, in that it
drops support files in places it shouldn't?