POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Generating cross-section of a complicated model : Re: Generating cross-section of a complicated model Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Generating cross-section of a complicated model
From: Kenneth
Date: 21 May 2009 07:10:00
Message: <web.4a1533e8c981982af50167bc0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Kenneth <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> > Sorry, but that just makes no sense to me. Why would we want AVERAGED colors?
>
>   Then what is it that you want? You haven't explained that...
>
>   So, how would you like for it to be colored?
>
> ..It's a question of you telling what
> color you want there to be in the overlapping part. You haven't told us that.

Hmm, seems that we're communicating from different universes, in different
languages. Methinks that you should re-read this entire post; my requests are
plain to see (if possibly unattainable.) I sense that you're trying to present
some kind of obtuse 'logical' argument in response to those--based (so it
seems) on the single idea of 'What color *should* appear at a surface when
there's no logical answer?' rather than any practical solution or argument to a
practical question. So be it. (I *do* understand the logical problem of which
color POV-Ray should choose at a surface; however, you seem to have latched
onto that as your one-and-only argument to pursue here, sidestepping just about
everything else that I've tried to ask or explain. That's rather...odd, IMO.) I
have no answer to your argument; debating deep questions of logic I will leave
to others.

KW