POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : A dream about POV4 : Re: A dream about POV4 Server Time
23 Apr 2024 06:03:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A dream about POV4
From: clipka
Date: 13 Apr 2009 16:05:00
Message: <web.49e39add840aad1a2dae03a10@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   1) Having to always specify the axis of rotation can be tedious.

When was the last time you needed rotation about multiple axes and they happened
to be x, y and/or z, in that very order?

If it's just a single axis, I find "rotate y*30" much easier to type than
"rotate <0,30,0>" - that is what *I* find tedious. (And besides, I also find it
easier to read and understand at once).

>   2) It's not like you can't do that with the current SDL and a helpful
> macro from the official library.

I think it's such a basic operation that it should be higher integrated.

(Well, with that language I have in mind it wouldn't make a syntactical
difference whether it's a "macro" or a built-in thing... aside from requiring
the proper files to be included)