POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : World Community Grid : Re: World Community Grid Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:03:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: World Community Grid
From: feet1st
Date: 13 Mar 2009 12:20:01
Message: <web.49ba86aee57dbb08a45f86ff0@news.povray.org>
"Fredrik Eriksson" <fe79}--at--{yahoo}--dot--{com> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 23:50:29 +0100, feet1st <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> >
> > Why don't you trust your government to KNOW which people are
> > truely needy and allocate appropriate money to provide enough
> > food for them?
>
> Why don't you trust your government to KNOW which research projects are
> truly worthwhile and allocate appropriate money to provide enough
> resources for them?
>
> --
> FE

Because I see so many scientists working so hard on such crucial projects out
there looking for volunteer computing resources.

To understand my last cynical comments, you have to see some of the history of
this thread.
http://news.povray.org/web.49b69f4de57dbb08a45f86ff0%40news.povray.org

I'm glad you can all see, when applied to the decision of whether or not to give
money to a homeless person, you all would feel qualified to make the choice. You
have a similar choice on distributed computing projects. Please make the same
decision there, and give DIRECTLY to those that are not asking for money (only
the idle time of you computer). The project the thread was started about is
World Community Grid. The website to get started helping with projects to feed
the world with more nutricious rice, power the world with environmentally clean
electricity and do vital research on diseases like cancer and HIV is here:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
There are many other worthy causes as well:
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/projects.php