POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : I want a working POV-Ray for Intel Macs : Re: I want a working POV-Ray for Intel Macs Server Time
19 Apr 2024 06:46:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I want a working POV-Ray for Intel Macs
From: triple r
Date: 4 Mar 2009 11:20:00
Message: <web.49aea9289a11612563a1b7c30@news.povray.org>
"KEBman" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Yes, that's what I want. I think it's lame to blame it on malfunctioning PowerPC
> emulator when you should have made the binary work on both PowerPC and Intel
> Macs in the first place. I really hope you'll fix this, because even though I
> can write a POV-file, I'm not a computer scientist.

First of all, be assured that in no way do I speak for the POV-Team, and that
I'm certainly no computer scientist either.  In fact they may be getting sick
of me saying this, but if you're desperate enough to run it on an old slow
computer, it's probably worth the trouble just to download XCode from Apple,
compile POV-Ray yourself from the Unix/Linux source, and be on your way.  It's
very easy.  This approach works the same for POV-Ray, MegaPOV, and MCPov.
There are also good text editors (vi, for example) that, although there may be
a learning curve, do excellent POV-Ray formatting.  I really, genuinely, hope
this doesn't sound rude, but sometimes it's true that when you want something
done right, you need to do it yourself.  If I had a binary of the GUI program,
I'd send it to you, but unfortunately this is the only advice I can really
offer.  Let me know if you'd like any more details or help.

 - Ricky