POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Stanford scan repository models : Stanford scan repository models Server Time
20 Apr 2024 09:33:01 EDT (-0400)
  Stanford scan repository models
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 11 Feb 2009 06:20:01
Message: <web.4992b3d741d0d9376dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Just a thought, because the models at

http://www-graphics.stanford.edu/data/3Dscanrep/

keep coming up, is it worth adding a few of the smaller ones, in mesh2 .inc
files, to the object collection? I know anyone can go here and download/convert
etc for themselves, but not everyone will know they're available, or have the
necessary knowledge to do the conversion. It took me quite a while to hunt down
the relevant tools when I first got hold of them.

I was thinking of the utah teapot, the bunny, the chinese dragon, maybe even the
happy buddha. This of course raises the questions of a) would it be legal? and
b) is there enough space on the server?

Bill