POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Documentation Migration : Re: Documentation Migration Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Documentation Migration
From: clipka
Date: 18 Jan 2009 11:05:00
Message: <web.4973524527ae3e8bfb23a32b0@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> There is also one other problem with
> how the wiki renders some tags that follow the occurrence of the </p><p>
> tags. More than several input side docs have EXACTLY this occurrence. If you
> think about it ... it's kind of bad form to signal the end of one paragraph
> and the beginning of another all on one line like that.

Not really. It may reduce legibility of the source code (though I'd say that
properly used it can actually increase it), but source beauty is not required
by the W3C - just well-formedness and other such constraints, and from that
point of view </p><p> is perfectly fine HTML code.

It's a bit weird that this </p><p> construct is not handled properly by wiki; in
fact, it was not uncommon as a replacement for the old-style (not well-formed)
single <p> for paragraph dividers during the days of transition.