POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MC-Pov: MC-Pov for Linux : Re: MC-Pov: MC-Pov for Linux Server Time
25 Apr 2024 02:04:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MC-Pov: MC-Pov for Linux
From: nemesis
Date: 2 Jan 2009 00:55:00
Message: <web.495daba321008e0d180057960@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I' so fast, I actually have come to the point already where I decided that
> MC-Pov is not suited to my needs as reference for radiosity.

Hmm, my point is that path tracing in general is more accurate for the lighting
behaviour.  The scene as it was supposed to look.  So, a render by it should
give you some good guidance for tweakings in the radiosity code to try to match
those expected results...

> There's too much
> that needs to be changed in order to get a scene to work properly with MC-Pov.

That's a shame.  OTOH, from previous posts by fidos, it seemed like he basically
just dropped the radiosity and photon settings from a scene and replaced the
light_sources by high ambient objects:  the light generated is not merely
diffuse, but also specular, caustics etc.  No need for messing with specular
settings in textures or anything.  As he used to say, path tracing is very
different from ray tracing...