POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MC-Pov: MC-Pov for Linux : Re: MC-Pov: MC-Pov for Linux Server Time
24 Apr 2024 23:51:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MC-Pov: MC-Pov for Linux
From: triple r
Date: 31 Dec 2008 23:35:00
Message: <web.495c471321008e0d48cd84a0@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Anyone with experience on setting up MC-Pov on a Linux machine? Especially how
> to change the binary (and subdirectories) name to "mcpov" and identify itself
> as such in the copyright notice?

Mac OS X, but Unix is Unix.  I had no problems compiling it.  I think I might
have had to add the files into the Makefile, but that's just a matter of
editing source/Makefile.  Once it compiled a unix/megapov binary, I just copied
it to /usr/local/bin/mcpov, although it might be more proper to edit
unix/Makefile and replace megapov with mcpov.  (I'm sure it's more complicated
than that, but that might be a start.)  For the copyright, it looks like
there's some stuff in optout.h that might accomplish what you want, although I
just got my mcpov binary and didn't bother with any more details.

 - Ricky