POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV XRS sad news : Re: MegaPOV XRS sad news Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:56:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV XRS sad news
From: Temujin
Date: 16 Jul 2008 19:15:00
Message: <web.487e7ff32b3099551a07593b0@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> I'm sorry to tell you all that I just discovered that George Pantazopoulos
> died last year, at age 29.

Render In Peace, George.

> During 2007 I did raytrace very little, and didn't use XRS at all, but
> recently I started again to use it. Trying to get the latest version, I
> found that George site, gammaburst.net, was gone.

I found this archive of his XRS page.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070505055558/http://www.gammaburst.net/xrs/

The download links for the XRS server, client and libiqxmlrpc dependency work :

http://web.archive.org/web/20070505055558/http://www.gammaburst.net/xrs/packages/unix/megapov-xrs_core-1.2.1-2.1.1.tar.
bz2

http://web.archive.org/web/20070505055558/http://www.gammaburst.net/xrs/packages/pyxrsclient-0.6.10.tar.bz2

http://web.archive.org/web/20070505055558/http://www.gammaburst.net/xrs/packages/libiqxmlrpc-0.7.3a.tar.gz