POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : TC-RTC Rant : Re: TC-RTC Rant Server Time
24 Apr 2024 13:32:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC-RTC Rant
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 3 Jul 2008 19:30:00
Message: <web.486d5f391e626bebbd1b3ad10@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>   As a side note, and something personal from me to you all, (this isn't
> aimed at you in particular Stephen). I totally agree that low scoring like
> that is an obvious attempt at skewing the final results and definitely not
> in keeping with the "fair play" side of things. (*My* observation). Can we
> keep it good and try to score fairly please? I know most of you do. :)

So, someone was trying to skew the results, eh? Bah! Baahh!!
Okay, we're watching you guys...

>   I'm trying to do my best to get this right for everyone. I think it's a
> fun contest, and it certainly works ok - apart from some unnoticed bugs and
> behaviors that is. If you spot something, just mail me from the contacts
> page on the site.

I think this month was the first time that the voting app was really intuitive
and functioning the way I expected, good visual feedback on which images had
been voted on already, and love the expandable comment box, etc - really nice
job on that Steve! (I know how troublesome that sort of thing can become)

One bug I need to report is that it didn't put me 1st place this round - can
you look into that please ;?  Stephen apparently has mathematical options where
I always win (woot!)...

-Rob :)

"There is no spoon."