POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Poser 6 or 7 or Pro--which one to buy? : Re: Poser 6 or 7 or Pro--which one to buy? Server Time
17 Apr 2024 22:33:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser 6 or 7 or Pro--which one to buy?
From: Kenneth
Date: 8 Jun 2008 02:15:00
Message: <web.484b7834d02a5bf778dcad930@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:

> I am not sure if ver.6 is still available. I think not. Poser Pro is not for
> you, unless you want to interface with the mega packages. I agree with
> FlyerX if you want to use it casually, use Daz|Studio. However, you will be
> limited by the availability of clothes or the possibility to add your own
> clothes to the figures, which you can do very well with Poser. My personal
> preference would be to buy Poser 7. You won't need really anything else,
> while with Daz, you will be *tempted* to buy all the missing stuff you will
> need in the end. Just my humble opinion, though.
>
> But experiment first with Daz and see how it goes  ;-)
>
> Thomas

Good advice, from both you and Flyer X.  Thanks!  I had, at one time, thought of
downloading Daz...but had forgotten all about it, sad to say! I will start out
with that.

BTW, I see that there is a seller at e-bay (probably one of many) offering
'official' downloads of Poser 6. *Looks* to be legitimate--but I think I'll
start with Daz anyway.

Ken W.