POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Only 48 hours, and: how long should the description be? : Re: Only 48 hours, and: how long should the description be? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:11:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Only 48 hours, and: how long should the description be?
From: Stephen
Date: 29 Aug 2007 07:15:01
Message: <web.46d554c3ed318b20c4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
Markus Altendorff <maa### [at] panoramasde> wrote:

> Ah. Well, the server setup is to crop it down to 140x140 anyway, which
> is what bothers me - i'm used to putting the title etc. in it, like with
> the IRTC... it'll be unreadable and no use if it gets pressed into 140x140.

But do you really need a title in the thumbnail? If it is short it will
appear above the thumbnail. Mine was truncated, oh dear.

> Yes, metal can do that... that's why i've got a "losing the shiny
> armour" scene at about the middle my clip :)

LOL

> - metal + reflection of
> "media" material in it (if i'm using the povray term right? that
> half-transparent plasma stuff...?) isn't good for the render rate.

the metal.

> Textures going "boink" isn't, either, though for different reasons ...
> the last location i used is a walk back to daylight through an
> underground passage that had the occasional decorative doorway left and
> right, but the texture there was "hopping" between frames - i guess i've
> either messed up the texture space orientation when i declared the
> material or it wasn't properly fixed to the object. The render is
> running for the third time now, because i've kicked those objects from
> the scene to just get it over with... should be done about the time i
> get home from work today.

I generally do test animations of any materials I am going to use. Just to
see if there is any flicker. If that is what you mean? Recently I tried
changing turbulence to warp turbulence to se if it would help. But it made
things worse. I think this problem is one of the worst in making
animations.

Stephen